In my previous life as a particle physicist, I was a lecturer, a professional educator. Teaching is probably the thing I miss most about academia.
To scratch the teaching itch I love to run photographic or film-making tutorials.
We don't have a regular tutorial schedule at the moment, so if you are interested please CONTACT ME.
I can run tutorials for you one-on-one, as a couple, or in small groups (maximum of four). I can also give talks or workshops for larger groups. The session will be tailored to your interests and requirements - typically including some of the following:
- What does a camera do? How does it work?
- First steps: taking ther camera off automatic
- Light and dark: understanding highlight, shadows and dynamic range
- What do the settings mean?
- I know what shutter speed, ISO and aperture mean... but how do they affect the LOOK and FEEL of a photograph?
- Lenses and focal lengths
- Getting your gear right
- Out and about shooting landscapes
- Introduction to studio photography
- Introduction to portrait photography
- Lightroom, photoshop and post-processing
- Lighting from square one: a dark room and one light
- Adding more lights: lighting ratios and three-point lighting
- The colour and quality of light: light modifiers and gels
- Lighting patterns and advanced studio techniques
- Getting started with Infra-Red photography
- Introduction to astrophotography